Madison Core Laboratories is a state-of-the-art, full-service independent clinical laboratory. We are passionate about what we do and are dedicated to providing excellent service that will make positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our facility is in Huntsville, Alabama, which has been named as the Number 1 Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report for 2022-2023.
We are seeking a Sales Manager to manage the toxicology sales team for Madison Core Labs (MCL). The ideal candidate has proven sales and sales management experience in Toxicology, including a successful track record of building relationships with pain management practices, internal medicine practices, or substance abuse and treatment facilities. The individual should be located near a major airport, and have easy flight or driving availability to Huntsville, Alabama.
Job Status: Full-Time | Exempt | Salaried
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop sales strategies and execute marketing programs to achieve sales goals for Toxicology.
- Recruit, hire, train, and coach the Toxicology sales team.
- Lead and manage the performance of the assigned Sales Representatives.
- Help establish sales territories, regions, quotas, and sales goals. Assign territories to sales personnel.
- Cultivate business opportunities from new accounts and healthcare groups.
- Expand business from current accounts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing clients.
- Interact closely with MCL Lab management to develop strategies that drive sales.
- Ensure MCL Lab management is informed of changes in territories that might affect laboratory testing volumes.
- Prepare monthly sales reports showing sales activity and volume, potential sales, risks, and opportunities.
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs, market potential, price schedules, and contract opportunities.
- Responsible for annual forecasts on anticipated sales. Develop sales campaigns to accommodate goals specified by the Company.
- Analyze and control expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Hold sales meetings and represent the Company at trade association meetings to promote Toxicology testing services.
- Adhere to MCL policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences, biology, medical technology, business, or related discipline; Master's degree preferred.
- 10 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of applicable sales experience; 5 or more years of sales management experience.
- Laboratory or Diagnostic Sales required.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Outstanding management and leadership skills and ability to attract, retain, motivate, and develop sales representatives for high performance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills.
- Expert independent decision-making, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Understand, interpret, and act on financial information, external trends and other analytics that contribute to business profitability.
- Understand available resources, develop timeline, budget, and assign areas of responsibility.
- Lead team to achieve Company goals and solve complex business issues in creative and effective ways.
- Expert planning and organizational skills and techniques.
- Communicate effectively with senior management and key stakeholders.
- Excellent negotiating skills and ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships.
- Broad professional and managerial skills with a full understanding of industry practices and Company policies and procedures.
- Strategic planning skills.
- Meet and/or exceed metrics and growth targets.
- Experience with utilizing a CRM; preferably Salesforce.
- Excellent computer skills, with experience using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and MS SharePoint.
- Prior knowledge of pain maintenance practices, internal medicine practices, substance abuse and treatment facilities.
- Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to travel overnight.
- Must provide own car. Car allowance provided.
Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, PTO, 401K with match, and Direct Deposit. Compensation commensurate with experience. Bonus is possible. Opportunities for advancement are available.
Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco-Free.
Madison Core Laboratories, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or another legally protected status. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (256) 850-0075 to let us know the nature of your request.