Madison Core Labs is a state-of-the-art, full-service independent clinical laboratory. We are passionate about what we do and are dedicated to providing excellent service that will make positive changes in the lives of those we serve.
We are currently seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our team. The Administrative Assistant acts as the first point of contact for clients and office visitors both in-person and via the telephone. The position is critical in maintaining a welcoming entrance to the business office and provides security for the office suite ensuring no visitor enters without an escort. This role will assist the Vice President – Laboratory Operations and other lab personnel, office staff with requests as needed.
Job Status: Full-Time | Non-Exempt | Hourly
Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include:
- Act as the first point of contact for clients and office visitors. Answer phone calls, greet visitors, and maintain a welcoming entrance to the business office. Direct visitors appropriately through the office and maintain security.
- Manage PBX phone system switchboard, forward calls to appropriate departments and people, take messages, and monitor call queues.
- Maintain orderliness of front office area, conference rooms and other shared spaces. All spaces should look clean, neat and tidy.
- Coordinate deliveries and shipments, process and distribute mail. Ensure outgoing mail is collected daily and create overnight package slips when requested.
- Manage and maintain printers, copy machines and other shared office equipment. Troubleshoot equipment when needed, call in repairs as necessary.
- Keep inventory of and order office supplies as needed. Maintain stock of kitchen items including beverages, snacks, and coffee, and maintain bathroom amenities.
- Provides administrative support to include typing, filing, preparing correspondence, assisting with reports and presentations, making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, photocopying, faxing, collating and other related activities.
- Coordinate and interface with vendors and contractors regarding laboratory supplies.
- Maintain online and physical filing systems.
- Responsible for putting in work orders for company suites through the building management’s designated portal (Building Engines).
- Provides administrative support to Vice President – Laboratory Operations and other lab personnel as requested (typing, scheduling meetings, scanning, photocopying, faxing and other related activities).
- Provides additional administrative support to Madison Core Laboratories’ personnel as needed.
- Assist HR in preparing for orientation setup, new hire welcome gifts, etc.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure a seamless and positive experience.
- Provides back-up administrative support for Executive Assistant/Office Manager when she is out of the office.
- Collaborates with others as needed.
- Other duties as directed.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates Degree preferred.
- Three to Five years of experience as a receptionist or in an administrative role in a medical setting, required.
- Good typing, interpersonal, excellent verbal, written communication, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding time management skills. Prior experience in managing a multi-line or PBX switchboard required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word & Access).
- Prior experience assisting Management/Executives/C-Suite, preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Is detail-oriented, organized, motivated and flexible
- Superior Customer Service Skills,
- A positive “can-do” attitude,
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative, and works independently and cooperatively with others,
- Uses a high-degree of discretion with confidential information,
- Can multitask, prioritize and problem solve
Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, PTO, 401K with match, and Direct Deposit. Opportunities for advancement are available. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free. All candidates considered may be required to participate in the company's hiring assessment(s).
Madison Core Laboratories, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (256) 850-0075 to let us know the nature of your request.