Madison Core Labs is a state-of-the-art, full-service independent clinical laboratory. We are passionate about what we do and are dedicated to providing excellent service that will make positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our facility is located in Huntsville, Alabama which has been named as the Number 1 Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report for 2022-2023.
Madison Core Laboratories’ Medical Laboratory Technician (Generalist) will be responsible for producing accurate test results in a timely manner. This position reports to the Supervisor – Microbiology but will have rotation responsibilities in multiple laboratory departments. This position could have a working schedule of Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday. Candidates are encouraged to have the flexibility to be available for either schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow protocol to safely handle and dispose of blood, urine, stool, and other body fluids
- Accurately performs complex clinical laboratory analyses using automated and manual testing methods
- Correlates and interprets laboratory data based on knowledge of physiological condition affecting patient testing results
- Accurately evaluate, interpret, and report test results within the Laboratory Information System
- Review quality control and calibration records
- Demonstrate critical thinking in required work areas
- Execute required maintenance on laboratory instrumentation
- Correctly identify and label patient specimens maintaining accuracy in patient identification for all testing steps
- Monitor laboratory inventory to maintain adequate stock of testing supplies
- Assist in all laboratory preanalytical, analytical, and postanalytical functions as required to maintain appropriate patient care
- Properly label, process, and store send out samples according to laboratory procedures
- Collaborate with others as needed
- Other duties as directed by supervisor
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree (A. S.) or Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Medical Technology or related sciences, required
- Two (2) years of clinical laboratory experience and/or training, preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Medical Technician, Medical Technologist, or Medical Laboratory Scientist certification from a nationally recognized credentialing agency, required.
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), preferred.
- American Medical Technologist (AMT) or American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB), acceptable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently
Other Qualifications, if applicable:
- Knowledge of Standard of Operations (SOP’s) related to performing clinical laboratory testing and use of proper PPE
- Maintain compliance with local, federal, HIPAA, CLIA, and CAP regulations
- Ensure all company safety, quality control, and quality assurance standards are met
Work Conditions: Medical Laboratory Generalist employed at Madison Core Laboratories will perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motion. Lifting of up to 50 lbs. Occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing, and overhead lifting.
Job Type: Full-time regular position.
Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco-Free.
Madison Core Laboratories, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.