Madison Core Labs is a state-of-the-art full-service independent clinical laboratory, and we are currently seeking a Technical Director - Toxicology to join our team! We are passionate about what we do and delight in providing excellent service that will make positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our facility is located in Huntsville, Alabama which has been named as the third Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report for 2021-2022.
Reporting to the Vice President, Laboratory Operations, the Technical Director - Toxicology will have the overall responsibility for the Toxicology Department. The person in this position develops, analyzes, and certifies the acceptability of reports. Main responsibilities include interpretation of results, communicating with clients regarding inquiries, serve as project owner on the project management team for Toxicology and LC/MS related products, oversight of testing personnel in the department, oversight of quality control and SOP documentation, troubleshooting of client problems relating to department products, and training of current and new employees.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs technical and administrative review of data in conjunction with any provided case history prior to release of reports.
- Identifies potential laboratory-related improvements and assists on implementation.
- Research and development of new procedures and existing procedures.
- Composition and review of the Standard Operating Procedures for the Toxicology department.
- Confirmatory methodology validations and instrument implementation.
- Manufacturing and development of all in-house quality control material.
- Reagent, calibrator, and quality control material preparation used for LC/MS testing.
- Quality control tracking and quantitative checkout according to SOP directives.
- Monthly maintenance and tracking of all quality control protocols to ensure all confirmatory methodologies are within departmental standards.
- QA/QC compliance through bi-annual reverification of all methods and all instruments to include manufacture, preparation, instrumental analysis, and final reporting to the laboratory director of reverification materials.
- Trains and assists of the development of new personnel in all areas of the department instrument maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting.
- Reviews corrected and amended specimen reports.
- Execution of any client or management requests regarding patient specimens or laboratory protocol and operation.
- Tracking and investigating any unusual laboratory specimens and/or results.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation, medical and laboratory terminology, and safety procedures.
- Ability to adapt to dynamic changes in a continuously evolving company and department.
- Must be highly analytical, consultative, and well-organized in all facets of day-to-day work, to fit in effectively within a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or laboratory science.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in a biological, chemical, or laboratory science, certification preferred.
- 5 years of toxicology laboratory experience in a CLIA-certified laboratory as a supervisor and meet minimum requirements for Technical Supervisor as outlined by Alabama Department of Public Health for Clinical Laboratories.
- Ability to read, write and follow written procedures required in laboratory assignments as well as basic ability to analyze and determine test results, maintain quality control standards, and prioritize work to control STAT and routine specimens.
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to maintain effective technical information exchange with varied groups.
- High proficiency of computer systems and Microsoft Office products – particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, PTO, 401K with match, and Direct Deposit. Opportunities for advancement are available.
Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free. All candidates considered may be required to participate in the Company's hiring assessment(s).
Madison Core Laboratories, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (256) 850-0075 to let us know the nature of your request.