Madison Core Labs seeks an experienced Payroll and Benefits Specialist to join the Company. The primary functions of this role include processing the Company’s payroll, producing payroll and leave reports, and managing health and welfare benefit plans and processes. This position requires someone who enjoys helping others, naturally maintains confidentiality of sensitive information, works collaboratively, and thrives in a high-volume work environment.
Responsibilities of the Payroll and Benefits Specialist include:
- Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve payroll efficiency and HRIS processes.
- Provide support with ensuring compliance with the Company’s policies with regards to compensation and benefits.
- Process payroll for hourly, salaried, and temporary employees, including ensuring timely and accurate biweekly payroll processing, reviewing, and importing hours from time and attendance system, entering tax and direct deposit information, administering regulatory requirements, e.g., garnishments, tax levies, and support orders, and other adjustments to pay, as necessary.
- Produce scheduled and ad-hoc reports pertaining to payroll and human resources requirements.
- Administer the time and attendance policy and paid leave policy for all employees.
- Maintain employee records in payroll/HRIS systems.
- Evaluate and implement payroll/HRIS systems upgrades and changes.
- Manage enrollment of employees into the Company’s benefits’ programs, including annual open enrollment activities.
- Administer all employee benefit programs including enrollments, changes, terminations, open enrollment. This includes preparation (or revision) and distribution of materials, conducting meetings to communicate changes to employees, etc.
- Ensure accuracy and prepare all employee benefit invoices for payment.
- Coordinate and conduct the new employee on boarding process and present benefits presentations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
- Fulfill all governmental regulatory mandates and ensures filings are performed as required.
- Work collaboratively with others to ensure efficient operations.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information maintained or accessed in the HR Department.
- Manage and coordinate special projects as assigned.
- Successfully manage multiple high-priority projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelors’ degree in human resources, accounting, business management, or a related field is desired.
- At least four years of experience with processing employee payroll with ADP Workforce Now required.
- At least three years of progressive experience managing employee health benefits required.
- Proficiency with reconciling financial data and reports required.
- Experience managing and reconciling employee leave benefits and reports required.
- Experience with creating employee communications regarding all types of benefits is highly desired.
- Experience with reviewing and processing health and welfare benefit invoices required.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel is required with the ability to perform advanced Excel functions including filtering, formulas, charts, formatting, VLOOKUPS, and Pivot Tables.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to consistently display professionalism and provide high-quality employee support/service is required.
- Experience with inputting, reconciling, and generating reports into and from Human Resources Information Systems is highly desired.
Knowledge and Skills
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess strong organization skills and ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to edit and proofread.
- Demonstrate exceptional analytical skills and ability to create useful and actionable reports from data.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through skills.
- Has shown ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for data, ability to provide excellent customer service a must.
Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free.
Madison Core Laboratories, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.