Madison Core Labs is a state-of-the-art full-service independent clinical laboratory, and we are currently seeking a HR Manager to join our team! We are passionate about what we do and delight in providing excellent service that will make positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our facility is located in Huntsville, Alabama which has been named as the third Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report for 2021-2022.
HR Manager Job Summary:
The Human Resource Manager will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including recruitment and hiring, administering pay, benefits, and leave, developing and carrying out Company policies and practices.
- Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings and develop effective recruitment strategies.
- Ensure all employees have up to date, signed job description according to Company guidelines.
- Manage new hire onboarding and orientation process to effectively integrate individuals into the Company.
- Champion employee engagement programs.
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Perform tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Participate in the development and execution of the talent management processes.
- Provide personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees and management.
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Conduct exit interviews and recommend corrective action if necessary.
- Create and distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, and company policies.
- Maintain employee personnel records
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution capabilities, including coaching and counseling skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Good understanding of OSHA regulations and compliance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the Company’s human resource information management (HRIS) platform, recruiting and payroll systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Five years of human resource experience.
- PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-CP certifications a plus.
- Experience in a clinical laboratory or medical environment helpful.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Hours and Compensation:
- 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM, Monday to Friday
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability, PTO, 401K with match, and Direct Deposit. Bonus is possible. Opportunities for advancement are available.
Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free.
Madison Core Laboratories, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.