Madison Core Laboratories (MCL) is a private, leading clinical testing laboratory with ambitions to expand into new markets through innovative technologies. We are seeking a capable and driven Research Scientist to join our tight-knit research and development team.
- Understand project objectives, develop experimental plan, and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Understand underlying science and fundamental concepts behind the products in development.
- Execute experiments efficiently, with high reproducibility.
- Document experimental results, analyze data and outcomes, and communicate results with the team.
- Achieve project objectives by troubleshooting experiments and testing practical and creative solutions.
- Synthesize and utilize key information from the literature as necessary to achieve objectives.
- Assist in drafting proposals, technical reports, publications.
- Manage technicians.
- Fill-in as necessary in cases when testing staff is overwhelmed.
In this dynamic working environment, other responsibilities may be added.
- PhD or Master degree with extensive research experience in life sciences research, clinical research, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or other relevant fields with multi-disciplinary training; experience in molecular diagnostics research/method development is highly preferred.
- Highly resourceful with ability to devise practical solutions to reach project goals.
- Reliable, meticulous, and hardworking.
- Humble, transparent, and embodying a team-first attitude.
- Proven ability to thrive in a goal-oriented environment and manage time effectively to reach milestones.
- Hands-on expertise in standard biochemistry and molecular biology tools, and in-depth understanding of their fundamental mechanism.
- In-depth understanding of in vitro evolution, binding kinetics, and library screening a plus.
Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability, PTO, 401K with match, and Direct Deposit. Bonus is possible. Opportunities for advancement are available.
Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free.
Madison Core Laboratories, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status.