Madison Core Labs is a state-of-the-art, full-service independent clinical laboratory. We are passionate about what we do and are dedicated to providing excellent service that will make positive changes in the lives of those we serve.
We are currently seeking an experienced Office Assistant to join our team. This role acts as the first point of contact for clients and office visitors both in-person and via the telephone. The position is critical in maintaining a welcoming entrance to the business office and provides security for the office suite ensuring no visitor enters without an escort.
Job Status: Full-Time | Non-Exempt | Hourly
Responsibilities of the Office Assistant include:
- Manage and maintain printers, copy machines, and other shared office equipment. Troubleshoot equipment when needed and call-in repairs as necessary.
- Keep inventory of and order office supplies as needed. Maintain stock of kitchen items including beverages, snacks, and coffee, and maintain bathroom amenities.
- Provides support to include typing, filing, preparing correspondence, assisting with reports and presentations, making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, photocopying, faxing, collating, and other related activities.
- Coordinate and interface with vendors and contractors regarding laboratory supplies as needed.
- Maintain online and physical filing systems.
- Responsible for putting in work orders for company suites .
- Provides additional support to Madison Core Laboratories’ personnel as needed.
- Assist HR in preparing for orientation setup, new hire welcome gifts, etc.
- Anticipate the needs of others to ensure a seamless and positive experience.
- Provides backup administrative support for Executive Assistant/Office Administrator.
- Support other departments as needed.
- Willingness to cross-train as needed.
- Other duties as directed.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred.
- Three to Five years of experience in an administrative role in a medical setting, preferred.
- Good typing, interpersonal, excellent verbal, written communication, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Prior experience in managing a multi-line or PBX switchboard is preferred.
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, & Access).
- Prior experience assisting Management/Executives/C-Suite, preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented, organized, motivated and flexible
- Superior Customer Service Skills
- A positive “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative, and works independently and cooperatively with others
- Uses a high degree of discretion with confidential information
- Can multitask, prioritize and problem solve
- Familiar with handling PHI
Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, PTO, 401K with match, and Direct Deposit. Opportunities for advancement are available. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free. All candidates considered may be required to participate in the company's hiring assessment(s).
Madison Core Laboratories, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (256) 850-0075 to let us know the nature of your request.