Madison Core Labs is a state-of-the-art, full-service independent clinical laboratory. We are passionate about what we do and are dedicated to providing excellent service that will make positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our facility is located in Huntsville, Alabama which has been named as the Number 1 Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report for 2022-2023.
We are currently seeking a Medical Billing Specialist to join our rapidly growing team! The Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for notifying established third-party payers of all billed accounts by mail, telephone, or by email for the purpose of collection on all accounts. This role will include billing, receiving payments, posting payments, account follow-up, and overall responsibility of billing functions of assigned claims and accounts. Work from Home (WFH) opportunities available.
Job Status: Full Time | Non-Exempt | Hourly | On-site/Remote
Responsibilities of the Medical Billing Specialist include:
- Prepare and submit billing data and medical claims to insurance companies.
- Ensure the patient’s medical information is accurate and up to date.
- Prepare bills and invoices, and document amounts due.
- Monitor and record late payments.
- Follow-up on missed payments and resolve financial discrepancies.
- Examine patient charges for accuracy and request any missing information.
- Investigate and appeal denied claims.
- Help patients develop patient payment plans.
- Perform weekly billing.
- Bill in accordance with state Medicaid’s and third-party commercial payer requirements.
- Receive payments and post amounts paid to patient accounts in patient database system.
- Record information about the financial status of customers and the status of collection efforts.
- Manage self-pay accounts.
- Prepare adjustment and write off reports.
- Understand the workings of authorizations.
- Able to verify insurance benefits and update account demographics.
- Prepare daily census and send reports.
- Follow-up on Secondary Billings, co-pays, and deductibles.
- Cross-train on other jobs in the department.
- Work collaboratively with other billing team members.
- Request and follow up on client information requests.
- Other duties as directed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate degree preferred; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) from AAPC is a plus
- Experience with medical billing and collections. Specific experience with ancillary services such as laboratory or radiology is a plus
- Prior experience with TELCOR billing software a plus but not required
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, research, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Outstanding critical thinking and organizational abilities.
- Excellent Computer Skills.
- Solid understanding of billing software and electronic medical records.
- Must be within driving distance to our Huntsville office
Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, PTO, 401K with match, and Direct Deposit. Bonus is possible. Opportunities for advancement are available.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco-Free.
Madison Core Laboratories, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (256) 850-0075 to let us know the nature of your request.