Madison Core Labs is a state-of-the-art full-service independent clinical laboratory, and we are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team! We are passionate about what we do and delight in providing excellent service that will make positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our facility is in Huntsville, Alabama which has been named as the third Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report for 2021-2022.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Controller to maintain the daily accounting function.
- Manage general ledger accounts and maintain GAAP accounting.
- Manage prepaid expenses and accrued liabilities. (Record appropriate journal entries to set up prepaid expenses and accrued liabilities as well as to properly amortize or expense these items.) Recognize the types of transactions needing to be recorded as prepaid expenses or accrued liabilities.
- Manage cash and bank reconciliations.
- Reconcile payroll, amortization, and depreciation.
- Record all payables and expense reimbursements.
- Assist the CFO and Controller in creating specific processes for accounting functions and creating checklists to be used for these processes.
- Record journal entries.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist the CFO and Controller in generating monthly GAAP basis financial statements.
- Work well with others and independently.
- Process purchase order requisitions and track inventory receipt.
- Manage accounts payable including invoice coding and payment posting.
- Special Projects (Accounts Receivable, Inventory).
- Work with vendors to resolve account issues and contract pricing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- NetSuite and QuickBooks (desktop) experience a plus. (Company currently uses NetSuite. Older information is in QuickBooks.)
- Experience with Bill.com.
- Candidate must be a hands-on, independent problem solver.
- Job requires working onsite at MCL’s Huntsville office.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- 2 to 3 years of bookkeeping experience.
- Proficiency with Oracle Netsuite is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel; Adobe Acrobat)
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience in healthcare industry. Experience with Laboratories preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability, PTO, 401K with match, and Direct Deposit.
Background check and drug test required. All candidates considered may be required to participate in the Company's hiring assessment(s).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free.
Madison Core Laboratories, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (256) 850-0075 to let us know the nature of your request.